The pool of speakers was drawn from the network of Watertight Marketing Accredited Consultants and it really went to show just how much talent and expertise we have within the network.
My personal highlights were:
- the content planning advice I picked up from Stephen;
- the writing tips from Kara (I now have a checklist next to me for whenever I write any new content, thanks Kara!);
- the emotional engagement insights from Jane
- the repeating theme that came out about the importance of planning in every aspect of marketing and business
- and all the little productivity tips from Cheryl that I am already implementing in my day-to-day business. (Chez has promised she'll come over and make my calendar as colourful and beautiful as hers very soon!)
My own session was about using Facebook for business and I spent an hour mapping lots of different Facebook marketing techniques onto the Watertight Marketing model.
But the most beautiful thing for me was the perfect example of Facebook marketing that unfolded during the conference itself. While all the delegates listened in to the sessions in their offices and homes, they all began to engage and chat to each other in the Watertight Marketing Facebook group.
The delegates asked questions and shared ideas and examples, and this added so much more value to the conference for each of them. This community has continued to grow since then, and provides a brilliant example of how businesses can use Facebook groups to support their customers by enabling them to support each other.
I'll be honest, I wasn't sure how easy it'd be for delegates to tune in to two days of webinars as an hour is usually the most I can cope with! But the variety of topics, the community on social media, and the wealth of knowledge and expertise being shared meant that people stuck with us for the whole thing.
I felt honoured and humbled to be a part of it.
The recorded sessions are now available to buy online here and you can sign up to receive an alert when we are ready to take bookings on the next conference.
Personally, I can't wait!